Scar Wars: Five tips for reducing Acne Scars
It may not always be possible to eliminate acne scars, but it is possible to reduce their appearance considerably if they are treated early and regularly in the right way.
Here are five tips for reducing acne scars.
1. Eat a healthy diet. Acne scars are skin damage, but human bodies are remarkably resilient. When scars are new, it is important to eat a diet rich in vitamins and minerals so the body has the fuel to properly heal.
2. Use a scar cream or ointment. Special preparations intended to treat scars are available online and at pharmacies. These contain a variety of skin conditioners that help hydrate and nourish the skin so it heals properly. Petroleum jelly and body lotions are a good substitute if a scar therapy product is not available.
3. Apply aloe vera. While apply aloe vera juice works, an aloe vera gel product is easier to apply. This natural, plant-based solution has been used to treat skin wounds for hundreds of years.
4. Massage in rosehip seed oil. While not something many people keep in their medicine cabinets, this natural oil is remarkably effective in reducing small skin blemishes. A number of commercially available skin lotions contain this oil as well.
5. Smash on some tomato. Tomatoes contain acids and nutrients, including vitamin A and antioxidants. Applying a slice of tomato for five minutes a day may sound like a crazy idea, but it works for many people. It also helps reduce future problems by slowing sebaceous glands in their production of sebum.
Keeping skin clean and applying topical anti-acne preparations when outbreaks occur can keep acne scars from developing in the first place, but reducing their appearance once they happen is also possible. With quick and correct treatment, scars can even go away completely.
(c) 2011 Total Social Solutions. All rights reserved.