Spa @ SBL – Cat’s Corner
Have a stubborn blemish that is driving you crazy & it needs immediate attention, i.e. no time to get into the office for a facial?
Well in these dire situations, here’s how to properly do an extraction on your own…
The keys to a successful extraction are (1) open pores, (2) gentle pressure & (3) clean fingers!
- Take a warm shower to open the pores, cleanse & gently exfoliate.
- Wrap each of your pointer fingers in a clean unscented tissue.
- Place one finger at the side base of the blemish & gently apply pressure at the base of the other side of the blemish.
- Keep with the pressure until you see clear coming out of the white head. Wipe with an astringent like witch hazel.
- Dab a spot of clay acne mask over the extracted white head to calm and heal the area.
****For blackheads, use the same technique as above or apply a Biore Strip to get a bunch.
****If the blemish is cystic do not try and extract, come visit Lovely for a quick cortisone injection.