The Four Crucial Skincare Steps for Morning & Night
Let’s be honest, skincare can get really overwhelming!
With so many products on the market these days it can be hard to decipher which products are genuinely helpful from the products that are a complete waste of time.
Which means you end up with a counter full of products, some you may have only ever used once or twice, and a lingering feeling of regret over the money spent on your own mini-Sephora®.
So, I thought I’d help all you lovelies out and put together my must-have, simple formula for beautiful, healthy skin. The best part? It’s only 4 steps long and can easily be applied to both your morning and night skincare routines!
All you need to do is: cleanse, treat, moisturize, & protect. *rinse & repeat*
- Why? :
- Because cleansing our face removes the impurities built up on our skin (makeup, dirt, oil, pollution, etc.) and leaves us with a nice, fresh surface for our skincare products to soak in and get to work!
- What I suggest to cleanse: SkinMedica Facial Cleanser, $38.00
- This product is perfect for daily AM and PM use.
2. Treat with Antioxidants
- Because these naturally-occurring compounds protect our skin throughout the day and brighten our complexions. Antioxidants fight free radical damage (like the pollution I mentioned in step 1) as well as provide anti-aging benefits. Antioxidant Vitamin C is specifically known to brighten the skin and help treat sun spots!
- What I suggest to treat: Neocutis Journee, $151.00
- This product has a plethora of antioxidants AND includes SPF – a double win!
- Because hydration helps maintain the youthfulness of our skin! As we age, we lose our body’s natural hydrating molecules, Hyaluronic Acid, which results in dryer, less plump skin as the years go by.
- What I suggest to moisturize: Neocutis BioCream, $160.00
- This product moisturizes deeply while also supplying Growth Factors for added anti-aging, wrinkle-reducing benefits.
4. Protect with SPF
- This step CANNOT BE SKIPPED. If you do nothing else please apply SPF daily! (and then reapply every 2-4 hours if in direct sunlight 🙂). The sun’s UVA & UVB rays damage our skin which can result in dark spots, the breakdown of collagen and elastin, as well as skin cancer growth. Again- step 4 is a non-negotiable!
- What I suggest to protect: SkinMedica Total Defense and Repair, $61.50
- This product provides broad-spectrum coverage while also delivering antioxidants (step 2!) to help prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
Adjusting your routine for the evening is easy! The steps stay the same, but with a few minor updates.
- This first step stays exactly the same for morning and night- see #1 from above. Easy-peasy!
2. Treat with Retinol
- Because Retinol is a staple anti-aging product that will keep your cells in an active state of turnover. This results in improved skin texture as well as reduced fine lines and wrinkles.
- What I suggest to treat: SkinMedica Retinol Complex 0.5, $78.00
- Use only a small amount of product at night as it can sensitize your skin.
- Also the same as the AM list. Keepin’ it simple for ya! 😉
4. Protect with Rest
- No need to wear SPF at night, but one major (and free!) way you can help protect your skin during the evening is by getting a full 7-9 hours of sleep. Sleep is often overlooked as an essential step to better the health of our skin, but it shouldn’t be! When we sleep, our bodies are able to rest and recover- it’s how we recharge! Collagen production and blood flow also increase while we snooze- making it a super simple and crucial step in protecting our skin from premature damage.
If you have more specific skincare concerns, would like to purchase any of the products I mention, or are unsure if a product will work for you- please contact us at Skin by Lovely and we’ll be more than happy to help!
*Skin by Lovely™ is not affiliated with any brands, companies or products mentioned in this