The Health Benefits of Ginger
- Stimulates Digestion
- Naturally Freshens Breath
- Relieves Nausea, Including Dizzyness from Motion Sickness
- Helps Lower Cholesterol
- Relieves Gas and Bloating
- Soothes Common Cold Symptoms, Including Respiratory Infections
- Eases Menstrual Cramps
- Relieves Headaces
- Helps Stop Diarrhea
- Believed to Have Anti-Cancer Properties
When Storing Ginger:
Peel it & freeze it. I used to have to throw my fresh ginger out because it never stayed good long enough. Then, I stumbled upon this tip: Peel all of the ginger right when you get home. Wrap it in plastic and freeze until you are ready to use. Not only does it retain most of its freshness, but it is much easier to slice and grate when it is frozen.
Helpful Tips for Buying and Using Ginger
When Buying Fresh Ginger:
Try to find ginger that is firm and has smooth skin. Try to avoid ginger with wrinkled skin, soft spots, or any mold.
When Using Ginger:
Ginger is most beneficial when grated or pressed in a garlic press. You can also slice it. I like to use a citrus zester to grate my ginger.