Top Five Winter Skin Tips
Winter is a time for holidays, ski trips, snuggling in front of a roaring fireplace – and skin troubles. The sudden cold weather and dry air can present a number of skin problems, from cracked and peeling dry skin to unexpected sunburns.
Here at Skin By Lovely in Santa Monica, CA, we are committed to helping you keep your skin looking fresh and youthful, even in the midst of the winter months. That is why we are presenting you with the top five winter skin tips, all of which are designed to preserve your skin in the face of dry air, sun and harsh winter weather:
1. Wear Sunscreen. You may think that sunscreen is only necessary on the beach, but do not be fooled by the weak winter sun. Sunburns are still common in winter, especially on the ski slopes. To protect your delicate skin, wear an SPF of 30 or higher. Another top tip is to buy makeup with sunscreen, as this allows you to protect your skin without the need for a second application of sun cream. Of course, be sure to be extra vigilant when you are on the ski slopes!
2. Hydration. The cold and dry winter air will make your skin feel like sandpaper. Stay hydrated by using a thicker moisturizer than usual. Apply hand and foot cream regularly to avoid cracks, and apply a thick body lotion right after a shower to give your body the hydration it needs.
3. Exfoliation Through Chemical Peels. Winter produces layers of dry and dead skin on your face, so it is important to exfoliate with chemical peels. The Spa@SBL at Skin By Lovely in Santa Monica, CA specializes in effective chemical peels that will remove that dull winter skin and reveal your youthful glow, just in time for spring.
4. Anti-Wrinkle Treatments. Dry skin, the stress of the holidays and carb-heavy winter diets can make wrinkles and fine lines appear more frequently during the winter. Stop wrinkles before they start with an anti-aging regimen of Botox injections, Dysport treatments or Xeomin injections. Additionally, fillers such as Juvederm, Restalyne, Perlane and Radiesse will keep you looking youthful. All of these treatments can be found at the Spa@SBL at Skin By Lovely in Santa Monica, CA.
5. Hydrating Facial Treatments. For intense hydration that revives winter skin, we recommend the hydrating facial treatments offered at our Spa@SBL at Skin By Lovely. From our Signature Anti-Aging facials to our Skin Rejuvenation treatments, you will have glowing and gorgeous skin that is ready for spring.
With these five winter skincare tips, there is no need to let the cold weather get you down! To learn more about any of these treatments simply fill out the form in the top left corner or call 310-566-0858.