An expert in the field of aesthetic medicine, Dr. Jason Derico is an Oregon-licensed Naturopathic Doctor based out of Skin by Lovely’s Portland location. He specializes in non-surgical aesthetic treatments such as Dysport, Restylane, and Kybella and has multiple years’ experience in Aesthetic Dermatology and Family Medicine.
In addition to being a member of Skin by Lovely’s clinical team, Dr. Jason is also on the Medical Review Team for LearnSkin, an online integrative medical and dermatology education platform.
Detail-oriented, kind, and artistic— he brings all the qualities of a great cosmetic injector together.
Looking for an injection specialist in the Portland, Oregon area? Keep scrolling to get to know Dr. Jason Derico in the following 10 questions.
1. Are you originally from Portland? If not, where did you grow up?
I grew up in a house built by my father in the foothills of Mount Timpanogos in Orem, Utah. I’ve been in Portland since 2008 when I moved here for medical school.
2. What inspired you to become a cosmetic injector?
Simple: Artistic medicine.
Two things I love combined.
3. What do you love most about your workday at Skin by Lovely?
Honestly it’s the team and the environment.
I constantly feel surrounded by love and support.
4. How does your experience as a Naturopathic Doctor influence your treatment approach as an Injection Specialist?
I love that I get to add little nutrition tips and advice when discussing skin care with my patients.
I take a holistic approach to health and wellness, so I’m always considering diet and lifestyle when treating patients.
5. What would you personally look for in a Botox or dermal filler injector?
Relationships are most important to me. The vibe I feel with my provider is crucial.
Technique and experience are very important as well, but I need trust and care with the person I allow to treat me.
6. What skincare product could you not live without?
A high-quality cleanser. And SPF.
I should probably just say SPF for prevention, but a good cleanser: yeah.
7. When you’re not at Skin by Lovely, how do you like to spend your time?
Either adulting (cooking, cleaning, quality time with my son, etc.) or something creative like music or art.
I go crazy if I don’t frequently try to produce the sounds or visual ideas that cross my mind.
8. What motivates you daily?
Love and community.
I absolutely love to see people improving their lives and succeeding.
9. What is your proudest accomplishment?
10. Where do you hope to see yourself in 10 years?
I plan to be much more educated, respected, and skilled in all aspects of my life as an injection specialist, father, doctor, trainer, educator, musician, artist, partner, and friend (in no particular order).
In addition, I plan to be at a place in my life where I can improve the lives of those around the world through charity or philanthropic endeavors.
Portland Botox and Dermal Filler Cosmetic Injector at Skin by Lovely
Dr. Jason Derico ND is currently accepting patients at Skin by Lovely’s Lake Oswego office.