Known (and loved) for her carefree, warm, and compassionate nature, Stacey Phelps PA-C is the Training Manager and Senior Injection Specialist at Skin by Lovely™, one of the top aesthetic injectable practices in the United States.
Stacey specializes in the use of cosmetic Wrinkle Relaxers, Dermal Fillers, and Skin Rejuvenation techniques to enhance her patient’s appearances while always honoring and staying true to their unique, natural beauty.
From her favorite product to inject to the thing she can’t leave home without, get to know Skin by Lovely’s gorgeous inside-and-out Injection Specialist in 10 questions with Stacey Phelps PA-C:
1. How did you first get started in the field of Aesthetic Medicine?
I was exposed to Aesthetic Medicine prior to becoming a Physician Assistant student at UCLA in 2004. I worked at a dermatology office in Beverly Hills and was able to observe some of the Botox® clinical trials taking place as well as several dermal filler procedures. Then during PA school, I did a Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery rotation as well as a Dermatology rotation and got even more interested in the aesthetic side of medicine.
After graduating PA school in 2008 I actually went with my roommate to her first Botox appointment and just so happened to be interviewed on the spot when I told her injector that I had just graduated and was interested in the field of Aesthetics! Talk about fate…?!
So, that’s when my career in Aesthetic Medicine began and almost 10 years later, I’m even more passionate about this field and am truly committed to the beauty of building confidence through cosmetic medicine.
2. What is your favorite part about your work day at Skin by Lovely?
I love working at Skin by Lovely because I don’t feel like I’m going to work. I feel like I’m going to hang out with my family and friends! That, and I get to enhance people’s beautiful features every day
3. What do you feel is the most common misconception about the aesthetics industry?
That people will look overdone and fake after getting injectables. While this is possible, it’s certainly not a given- especially with an expert Injector performing your treatment!
4. Do you have a favorite product to inject?
Dermal filler- hands down. I love injecting cheek and lip filler because they both give you an instant lift and sexy features. It’s like getting a makeover in under an hour!
5. What is your favorite skincare product right now?
I can’t choose just one! But if I had to pick two ?, it would be a tie between SkinMedica’s HA5 and The Body Deli’s Radiance Enzyme Superfood Peel.
I love anything that gives me hydration without irritation! I have sensitive skin, so calming hydration is super important in my skincare routine.
6. What are your all-time favorite go-to beauty tips or tricks?I don’t usually wear a lot of makeup, so my beauty tip would be to keep your skin as healthy as possible. Personally, to achieve this I use my Acure Brightening Facial Scrub or my SkinMedica AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser, moisturize, then layer on top my SkinMedica Total Defense & Repair Tinted SPF 34 sunscreen with a drop of my foundation.
This routine gives me a little coverage with a lot of glow! ✨
7. What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
A lot of people don’t know that I’m of Creole descent. My dad’s side of the family is from Alexandria, Louisiana, so I grew up eating southern cuisine. My most popular (and favorite) dish to cook is gumbo!
8. What is your biggest pet-peeve?
A closed mind. I love creative, open-minded people!
9. What’s one thing you literally can’t leave home without?
Definitely my sunglasses! My eyes are really sensitive, so I have multiple pairs that I stash in my car, purse, and at home.
10. What is the one thing you would tell any future patient of Skin by Lovely
That we genuinely care about our patients.
Safety and care are of utmost importance to us and we want to build trusting relationships so that you are confident in your Injection Specialist’s abilities. We really want everyone to feel taken care of.
Our common goal is for you to be educated in your treatment plan, and to look and feel more confident and refreshed with each visit!
Stacey Phelps PA-C is available for appointments at Skin by Lovely’s Santa Monica location. She is also an educator and trainer for InjectionU.