Your vanity mirror knows it. Your makeup compact knows it. And now, after months – possibly years of staring at your face and pulling at it every which way, you know it.
Those wrinkles have got to go (or they have got to be prevented).
And so it begins. You start searching for the most talented Injection Specialists in the city. Then, after looking at countless reviews and websites for local aesthetics practices, you find Skin by Lovely! Major props for doing your due diligence and finding an office with only the most skilled, honest, and meticulous providers.
After some serious thought and consideration, you book a new patient consultation. Congratulations! We know; it’s kind of a big deal. You’re probably feeling pretty excited and perhaps a bit nervous too. But don’t sweat the anticipation; I’m about to give you the low down on the big day. Everything you can expect from the consents we ask you to sign to the discussion you’ll have with one of our unparalleled injection specialists to the actual treatments you might choose to have during your appointment.
The Confirmation Call
Life can be pretty hectic. Sometimes we need reminders. So we help out a little by calling you 2-3 days before your appointment. It’s just a quick confirmation of your appointment time and gives you the opportunity to reschedule if necessary.
New Patient E-mail
We also send you a new patient e-mail 2-3 days before your appointment. It includes some great information such as our address, links to some of our favorite treatment videos on YouTube, and of course, the new patient paper work. Speaking of that fun paper work, here’s a list of the various forms and consents, with a brief explanation on each.
- Patient Info: This is your typical “Need to Know’s” kinda form. It includes things like your full name, home address, e-mail address, and your referral source
- HIPAA Consent: This super duper important consent protects your privacy. By giving us your John Hancock, you’re acknowledging that your medical records are completely secure.
- Cancellation Policy: Since we value your time as well as our own, we have a 24 hour cancellation policy. We kindly ask that you always give us at least 24 hours notice when you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Respect & Dignity Policy: Here at Skin by Lovely, we pride ourselves on being a “drama free” workplace for our employees and a safe place for our wonderful patients to be treated. By signing this consent, you’re agreeing to treat us with the same high level of respect we will always give you.
- Neurotoxin Consent: By signing this consent, you’re acknowledging that you understand both the benefits and possible side effects of Botox, Dysport, & Xeomin.
- Dermal Filler Consent: With this consent, you’re acknowledging that you understand both the benefits and possible side effects of dermal fillers as well as the pre and post-care instructions.
The Big Day, AKA “New Patient Consultation”
Oh my, it’s finally here! If you’ve never been treated with Neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, etc.) or dermal fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, etc.) before, then you might be somewhat intimidated and/or have a million questions. Don’t worry; this is totally normal! But you should breathe more easily knowing that you’re under the care of highly qualified Injection Specialists who really take their time listening to and treating their patients’ concerns. Also know that there’s no pressure in our office! If you decide that treatment isn’t right for you; it’s more than okay. Your initial consultation is complimentary and we’d love to have you back for treatment down the road if you change your mind.
If you have been treated with Neurotoxins and/or filler before, then you’re most likely feeling as cool as a cucumber. You know the drill. But even you “seasoned” patients will need a new patient consultation so that we can cover all the bases. We’re pretty thorough here and we like to think that’s one of our strong suits.
Here’s a little timeline of your very first appointment at Skin by Lovely…
- You walk into our bright and cheery office space, which our patients also find very warm and welcoming. One of our friendly Aesthetic Consultants quickly greets you and offers some spa water and/or coffee. Then, if you haven’t already, you now have the time to fill out that new patient paperwork we talked about. So sit back, relax, and take your time with this. And if you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to ask!
- Upon completing your paperwork, we’ll take you on back into one of the treatment rooms. At this time, one of our lovely Medical Assistants will take your “before” photos. Not wearing makeup? Even better! Hate taking photos? Yeah, many of us do. But not to fret, these photos are for our eyes only! And just a head’s up, we’ll be taking “after” photos during your follow-up appointment too. We also refresh your photos biannually after that. It’s a policy here that serves as an excellent point of reference for your provider when determining your treatment plan.
- Okay, are you ready? The time is here! You get to meet your provider and go over all the “goods”. There’s no turning back now! (totally kidding). But in all seriousness, it’s time to tell them anything and everything that “bugs” you. After venting these concerns, your provider will go over the treatment options, in layman’s terms of course!
- From there, you’ll discuss your health history and any possible financial limitations. And now for the exciting stuff! Take a deep breath (okay, maybe a few deep breaths) and let your provider work their magic on you! If you’re a newbie, don’t freak out! They’ll calm your fears as they go, reminding you to breathe and making you completely aware of what to expect before every poke. We’re not going to lie either; some pokes will hurt a little (dermal filler more so than neurotoxins) but it’s nothing even you “pain sensitive” patients can’t handle!
If you’re being treated with Neurotoxins…you’re likely tackling crow’s feet, that pesky frown line, the little “bunny lines” around your nose, and/or those frustrating horizontal lines running across your forehead. Check out this video to get an idea of what your treatment will look like!
If you’re being treated with dermal filler….you’re probably wanting to plump up those lips, add volume back into your cheeks and/or temples, or fill in those hollow dark circles under your eyes. Check out this video to get an idea of what your treatment will look like!
While we may be a bit biased, we think you made a pretty stellar choice when you picked us for your aesthetics needs! From the initial confirmation call to the moment you walk out our door, we can assure you’ll really appreciate our warm and knowledgeable staff as well as our close attention to detail. We’re also quite certain you’re going to appreciate your very natural looking results!
We want to thank you for trusting us with your face too! We know it’s a big decision and we’re absolutely thrilled to have you. Hope to see you very soon.