Advice to Help you Prepare for Your Big Day!
Your big day is just around the corner— congratulations, nearlywed!
We know you’ll want to look and feel your best, so we’ve put together some do’s and don’ts to help you prepare for your wedding.
Keep reading for our top last-minute tips to get your skin prepped for your wedding.
Wedding Day: Two Months Out
Let’s get started with our suggestions for the two-month mark. The day is close, but there’s still some time to do some more intensive treatments.
- Start by consulting with your Injection and Skincare Specialists. Two months ahead of your wedding day or big event is when we suggest receiving any dermal filler treatments. This allows time for any follow-up appointments and fine-tuning of the areas treated.
Some treatments your Injection Specialist may discuss with you include dermal filler for:
*Lip plumping and enhancement
*Cheek and temple balancing
*Under-eye hollowing restoration
Most dermal fillers Skin by Lovely uses for these services are hyaluronic acid-based making them ideal for last-minute plumping and revolumization to prepare for your wedding.
- In addition to any dermal filler treatments, two months out is also the time we recommend really dialing in your skincare routine.
Eight weeks is still plenty of time to see considerable improvements in skin texture, tone, and overall appearance.
We suggest focusing on hydration, sun protection, proper exfoliation, and body care.
Some of our favorites include:
- For hydration:
- Alastin Skincare’s HA Immerse Serum
- For neck and body care:
- SkinMedica’s Neck Correct and
- Revision Skincare’s Bodifirm™
- For exfoliation and improved skin tone and texture:
- Glowbiotics’ Probiotic Instant Resurfacing Pads
- For eye and evening care:
- Revision Skincare’s DEJ Eye Cream and
- DEJ Night Cream
- For facial sun protection and antioxidant support:
- Revision Skincare’s Intellishade collection
- Including TruPhysical, Original, and Clear
- Revision Skincare’s Intellishade collection
Wedding Day: One Month Out
Getting closer now!
- Around the one-month mark is when we suggest any neuromodulator appointments such as Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau, and Xeomin. These treatments take 7-10 days to take full effect, so a month out means there is still plenty of time for a follow-up appointment and fine-tuning.
Some treatments your Injection Specialist may discuss with you include neuromodulators for:
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines, aka ‘elevens’
- Crow’s feet
- Masseter injections for a slimmer jaw profile
- Platysma band injections to reduce neck lines and wrinkles
- Hyperhidrosis of the underarms and hands to reduce excessive sweating
- Another treatment that can be performed at the one-month mark is a gentle chemical peel. For this, we typically suggest the Vi Peel. The Vi Peel can be used on all skin types, including sensitive, and has minimal downtime. This peel is designed to reveal smoother, more luminous skin making it perfect for wedding day prep.
- As far as skincare goes, we recommend staying consistent with your routine set in place the month prior. Also, be very mindful of your time in the sun and be consistent with your SPF application! You don’t want to add trying to heal a sunburn to your list of things to do before your big day.
Wedding Day: The Week Of
We can almost hear the wedding bells!
At this point, to prepare for your wedding the name of the game is stress reduction and skin maintenance.
- We know it’s easier said than done, but try and focus on sleep and hydration this week. With wedding festivities may come alcoholic beverages, and alcohol is known for being dehydrating, so if you partake— just be sure to keep hydrated! Mineral and coconut water will be your supportive best friends this week.
- For skincare, keep up with your SPF and stay consistent with your routine. We know it may be tempting to try out a new mask or skin treatment before the big day, but we don’t suggest introducing many new variables when you’re this close!
Wedding Day: The Day Of
All there is to do now to prepare for your wedding is enjoy the day, and say ‘I do’!
- For wedding day sun protection, we suggest EltaMD’s UV Restore Broad-Spectrum SPF 40. This untinted broad-spectrum sunscreen is perfect for the face and body.
- If makeup is in your day-of prep plans, we love a base layer of GlowBiotics’ Hydraglow Cream Oil followed by Jane Iredale Makeup products. This line contains concealers, mascara, BB cream, brow products, and more.
Wedding Prep Appointments at Skin by Lovely
At Skin by Lovely, our goal is to guide you through a personalized aesthetic journey.
If you are a nearlywed, our team at Skin by Lovely would love to help you with any questions about the best wedding day prep for you.
Schedule an appointment at any of our four locations using our website at skinbylovely.com or by calling us at (877) 568-3594.
About Skin by Lovely™
Skin by Lovely specializes in FDA-approved, natural-looking, non-surgical, medical facial aesthetics and rejuvenation treatments. With practices in Santa Monica, CA, Portland, OR, Lake Oswego, OR, and Camas, WA, Skin by Lovely is certified by Allergan, the makers of Botox® and Juvederm®, as a Top 10 facial aesthetic practice in the United States and a Top 25 account for Galderma, the makers of Dysport® and Restylane®. Convenient online scheduling is available for all three Skin by Lovely locations.