Is your under-eye area hollow or dark?
Do you feel as if you look tired even when you’re not?
Is under-eye concealer your bff?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, dermal filler for the tear troughs (under-eyes) may be a wonderful option for you! Darkness and hollowness under the eyes is incredibly common and can be the result of genetics and/or aging and can be made worse by environmental factors such as sleep deprivation or improper skincare.
Dermal filler in the tear troughs typically lasts around a year+ and can greatly diminish the look of dark circles and general hollowness. Dermal fillers are comprised of a hyaluronic acid gel (hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by our body and is crucial to the hydration of our skin) that replaces lost volume in a very natural-looking (and feeling!) way.
At Skin by Lovely our expert Injection Specialists in Santa Monica, Portland, and Lake Oswego use FDA-approved dermal fillers to deliver personalized treatment plans that deliver customized results for each of our patients. No two people are the same, so crafting a unique approach for each patient’s under-eyes is crucial.
Approaches to treat the tear troughs can include:
- Cannula injection technique
- Reduces the amount of ‘pokes’
- Doesn’t cause as much trauma to the skin and underlying tissues
- Helps reduce bruising
- Dermal filler placed in the mid-cheek area as well as the tear troughs
- Can establish needed structure to the mid-face and create a more even transition between areas
- Wrinkle relaxers used for the crow’s feet in addition to dermal filler
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles and helps smooth the entire eye area
Commonly used dermal fillers for the tear troughs include:
Each patient’s unique anatomy will determine the specific techniques, type of dermal filler and amount needed to attain the best results for that individual.
Watch as Santa Monica Injection Specialist Brittany Lehmann PA-C explains how dermal filler is used to treat the under-eyes:
Before and After Care for Under-Eye Injections
Prior to receiving dermal filler for the under-eyes we suggest our patients:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink at least 64 oz of water and moisturize the injection areas prior to treatment.
- Take 2000 mg of Vitamin C daily. The earlier you start, the better!
- Pre-treat with Arnica 4 days before treatment by dissolving 4 pellets under your tongue 4 times a day.
- Avoid Omega 3s, Turmeric, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic and Aspirin for 7 days prior.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for 4 days prior to treatment.
- Pause the use of Retinol and exfoliating acids 3 days before treatment and for 3 days after to lessen the chance of skin irritation.
After receiving tear trough dermal filler we suggest our patients:
- Keep your head above your heart for at least 4 hours after treatment.
- Do not massage the treatment area! The area may look asymmetrical or uneven for up to 10 days after– this is normal! So is swelling– it will go down.
– Saunas and exercise for 6 hours after.
– Retinol and exfoliating acids for 3 days after.
- Sleep upright on your back the night following treatment to help reduce swelling.
- Apply Arnica cream and take oral Arnica for swelling.
- Apply Auriderm and take 200 mg of Bromelain for bruising.
- Ice lightly and take an NSAID (ie. 200 mg of Advil) as indicated for bruising and/or swelling.
What to Expect During Under-Eye Injections
Watch as Skin by Lovely Injection Specialists Lovely Laban MSN GNP-C and Rachelle Michelon RN perform tear trough dermal filler treatments for under-eye darkness as well as for general under-eye hollowness:
Under-Eye Fillers in Santa Monica, Portland, and Lake Oswego
If you’re interested in not looking so tired all the time, cutting back on your concealer budget, and reducing the amount of darkness or hollowness under your eyes— our teams in Santa Monica, Portland, and Lake Oswego would love to speak with you!
Skin by Lovely offers complimentary consultations for under-eye fillers at all three of our convenient locations as well as the availability to book online.
Our Injection Specialists will craft a personalized treatment plan specifically for you that will achieve your desired aesthetic goals. Contact Skin by Lovely today!
About Skin by Lovely™
Skin by Lovely specializes in FDA-approved, natural-looking, non-surgical, medical facial aesthetics and rejuvenation treatments. With practices in Santa Monica, CA, Portland, OR, and Lake Oswego, OR, Skin by Lovely is certified by Allergan, the makers of Botox® and Juvederm®, as a Top 10 facial aesthetic practice in the United States and a Top 25 account for Galderma, the makers of Dysport® and Restylane®. Get the treatment you deserve at Skin by Lovely.
More information can be found at skinbylovely.com.