How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
You’re beginning to notice a lack of volume in your face and you have been curious about what dermal fillers may be able to do for you. How long do dermal fillers last, what are the differences, and are they really worth it?
You Asked, “How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?”
Initial injections of dermal filler vary based on individual patient needs. This includes placement, type of filler, and how many injections are required. Additionally, once your desired results are achieved, touch-up treatments are necessary. That is because filler breaks down over time. But how long do dermal fillers last? How often will you need to receive touch-up treatments?
Below is a list of FDA-approved dermal fillers we offer at Skin by Lovely. This includes an overview of their uses and how long they typically last. Note that the amount of time a filler lasts will vary from patient to patient.
The Juvederm family of fillers, from the makers of Botox, is popular because of the low number of side effects. Juvederm is made from hyaluronic acid, a substance found naturally in your skin. Providing some immediate results as well as continued results as it attracts water into the treated area.
- Juvederm Ultra XC: This filler is suitable for various uses in facial rejuvenation, including around the mouth and in the lips. Juvederm Ultra XC typically lasts one year.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC: This filler is also suitable for deep wrinkles and folds around the mouth. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC typically lasts one year.
- Juvederm Volbella: Volbella plumps the lips and smoothes out vertical lines around the lips, giving patients subtle results; however, it’s also useful for under-eye rejuvenation. Juvederm Volbella typically lasts one year.
- Juvederm Vollure: Vollure offers lip enhancement and rejuvenation for patients looking for more subtle results. Juvederm Vollure typically lasts between 12 and 18 months.
- Juvederm Voluma: Voluma is the first FDA-approved filler for improving cheek and mid-face volume. Voluma also provides a subtle lower face-lift by lifting the jowls for instant results. Juvederm Voluma typically lasts two years.
The Restylane family of dermal fillers are produced by Galderma, the makers of Dysport. Restylane, like Juvederm, are hyaluronic acid fillers. This means they provide immediate results, as hyaluronic acid binds with water to restore fullness.
- Restylane-L: This filler is used for facial wrinkles and folds as well as for lip enhancement. Restylane-L lasts 4.5 to 9 months, depending on the treatment area.
- Restylane Defyne: Defyne smooths out laugh lines around your mouth as well as deep lines between your nose and mouth. It provides a natural, flexible look. Restylane Defyne typically lasts 12 months.
- Restylane Lyft: Lyft treats moderate to severe folds around the mouth and adds volume to sunken cheeks. Restylane Lyft typically lasts 12 months or longer.
- Restylane Refyne: Refyne is similar to Defyne in that it smoothes out moderate to severe folds around the nose and mouth. However, its softer texture may provide even more natural-looking results. Restylane Refyne typically lasts 12 months.
- Restylane Silk: Silk provides lip augmentation and smooths fine lines around the mouth. Restylane Silk typically lasts six months.
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
An Overview With Injection Specialist Morgan Renfro, RN
Other Popular Dermal Fillers
While Juvederm and Restylane are the most well-known fillers on the market, other dermal fillers provide patients with excellent aesthetic results.
- Sculptra Aesthetic: Sculptra, from the makers of Restylane, is made of poly-L-lactic acid and corrects mild to deep wrinkles around the nose, mouth and chin. Unlike hyaluronic acid fillers, the results build and improve over-time. This also means that Sculptra typically lasts longer than other facial fillers. Sculptra Aesthetic typically lasts two years.
- Radiesse: Made of calcium hydroxylapatite, a natural substance in your body, Radiesse is used to treat lines and folds in the lower face as well as thinning tissues in the hands. Like Sculptra, Radiesse results improve over time. Both fillers trigger natural collagen production, leading to longer-lasting results. Radiesse typically lasts for 18 to 24 months.
- Belotero Balance: This hyaluronic acid filler treats lines and wrinkles around your mouth and chin. However, it’s a versatile filler with many applications. Belotero is made by Merz, who also make Xeomin, a Botox alternative. Belotero Balance typically lasts six months.
Get Long-Lasting Dermal Fillers in Los Angeles, CA, and Portland, OR
How long do dermal fillers last? The answer varies from patient-to-patient and depends upon the filler used. At Skin by Lovely, we offer a variety of injectable options for facial rejuvenation and provide patients with personalized consultations and results. With over 13,000 treatments provided each year, our aesthetic injection specialists have the experience and dedication to treat your unique needs. Schedule a consultation today.